Sunday 31 August 2014

Fractale

 In a far distant future there is a boy named Clain living in a world where humanity have embraced a system called "Fractale" that governs everything and keep everyone in the world happy by giving them the freedom to do what they want in life and never having to be tied down to a single home, or family for that matter.

One day Clain meets Phryne, a mysterious girl that seems to be on the run from something, or someone. After helping her she disappears by the next morning, leaving him with a pendant. Clain realises that the pendant contains some sort of data and when trying to open it he ends upp summoning a girl-shaped avatar named Nessa. Together they leave on a journey to find Phryne again and to discover the truth behind the Fractale system.

The first episode of this show sort of gave me high hopes since the artwork for the backgrounds were so beautiful, almost Ghibli-esque, but unfortunatley the show turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment. The story never really managed to catch a hold of me and I did not like the main characters, although some of them did grow on me further on in the show, this together with the style in which the characthers are drawn just left me feeling kind of "meh". Yeah, I think that pretty much sums up my impression of this show: "meh". If I were to say one good thing about it though it would be that the background animation did keep a high standard throughout the show so there were some really good moments on that front.

Fractale gets 2,5 out of 5 otakus.
ANN, MAL

No comments :

Post a Comment